Our tour earlier in the month was a big success… we look forward to having a similar outing in September, this time to the Phillips Collection in DuPont!
As has been announced over the last several months, there will be only one mass this Sunday, June 25: 11am So that the entire community can gather to celebrate the confirmation of three of our students! We look forward to welcoming Bishop Knestout for this happy event!
Tonight, Tuesday 13 June 2017 – 7pm in the Church: Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament… Come find some silence in the midst of busy life. Pray before the Lord and know that you are loved.
Wednesday, 14 June 2017 – 6:30pm in the Church mass for an increase in vocations to the priesthood. A special choir will be present helping us to ask the Lord for more priests to serve at his altar.
See Below for the Parish Survey
Please complete the survey below and return it to Fr De Rosa at the Rectory, either in hard copy or by email (email@example.com). Please include your name and contact information.
- What are our parish’s greatest strengths? In what areas do we need to get stronger in order to grow?
- What do you think we should do to re-introduce our parish to the neighborhood (Twinning, Hillcrest, Southeast generally)?
- Are there any outlets (community bulletin boards, email lists, publications) where we could effectively advertise our presence here in SE DC?
- What do you think of the parish’s schedule of weekend masses, confessions, devotions? Are there any schedule adjustments you’d recommend to attract more of our neighbors to attend mass?
- Our regular daily mass is celebrated at 9am… if we were to change the morning schedule, would you be more likely to attend a daily mass? What time would be best for you to attend daily mass (early morning? midday? after work?)
- As they relate to growing our parish, what do you think of our parish groups (Sodality, Holy Name Soc, Knights of Columbus)?
- Do you have any recommendations for our parish’s educational programming?
- Is there anything you’d recommend we do regarding administration in the Rectory Office that could help us grow our parish?
- Is there anyone you know in our neighborhood (sick, home-bound, in need) who could benefit from a visit or call from a priest/deacon?
- Is there anyone you know in your family / in our neighborhood who needs to receive a sacrament (baptism, confirmation, sacramental marriage, annulment)?
- What are you interested in doing to help implement your recommendations for Parish growth?
This Sunday, March 19, we begin our Spectacular Sunday initiative. Our regular 8am mass will be followed by breakfast (9am-9:40) and a parish catechesis (9:40-10:40)… all leading up to our 11am mass. Come to any part of the morning to learn, worship or enjoy your neighbors’ company.
Parish catechesis will incorporate dimensions of Bible Study, Church history, and reflections on current events/issues. It will be family-friendly and aimed at anyone interested in growing in their relationship with Jesus. Children or adults interested in becoming Catholic or just learn more about the Catholic Church are invited to attend as part of their eventual entry into the fullness of our community. We’ll do our best to answer questions and feed your spiritual hunger!
Confessions are heard every Wednesday of Lent from 7-8pm in the Rectory. Please enter through the Pennsylvania Ave door.